Our Swimming Lessons
What makes our swimming lessons different?
Our programme is unique – having been designed by Huia and Jenny following their many years of coaching and teaching experience.
Canterbury Swim School provides high quality, affordable swimming lessons with consistent and experienced tutors.
As a leading Christchurch swim school we have a proven, successful programme.
Prices: $17.90 per 30 minute group lesson; private lessons $72.50 per 30 minute lesson.
We also offer 45 and 60 minute Advanced and Pre Competition classes.
We cater for all levels and abilities from 6 months to adult.
Classes are available 7 days per week.
Class numbers in the small pool have a maximum of 4-5 per group, depending on the level. Classes in the 25m pool have a maximum of 8, also dependent on the level.
Our classes fill up fast so it pays to be in quick!
We operate a booking system called EzySwim, where your booking will continue throughout the year, including school holidays, except for our four week closedown period which is from the week prior to Christmas to mid January.
- We are closed for public holidays, ie Queen’s Birthday, Labour Day, Show Day, Anzac Day, Waitangi Day, as well as the entire Easter period from Good Friday through to Easter Monday.
- With EzySwim, even though your booking carries on – you can still take holidays! In fact, in addition to those listed above, you can take a maximum of four more weeks of them! You just need to let us know four weeks in advance when you want to take your holiday entitlement and we will not charge you for those weeks.
- You can also place a hold on your lessons! If you are wanting to take an extended break, ie planning an overseas trip, or not wanting to swim at all for a couple of months, just let us know in writing four weeks in advance and we will put your booking on hold. We will place your child back into a suitable class on your return.
Customers new to our afterschool programme are required to sign up initially for 3 months, after which your booking will roll over monthly unless you let us know otherwise.
Once a child’s enrolled in swimming lessons parents want to know what’s happening and how their child is progressing. We provide:
- a unique customised web portal where you can log on and keep up to date with where your child’s at
- progress certificates every term
- a Facebook page to keep you up to date with all the latest information
- periodic newsletters and updates
Parents/caregivers are in the water with their child to quite an advanced level so that they can share in the learning experience.