Canterbury Swim School
Canterbury Swim School is a leading provider of swim lessons for swimmers of all ages and abilities in Christchurch.
We’re located at the Waitaha Aquatic Centre, 25 Charente Way, just off Buchanans Rd, in the Hornby/Yaldhurst area.
With 2 pools – a 6 lane, 25 m lap pool heated to 27 degrees, and a 4 lane 10m teaching pool heated to 32 degrees – we cater for everyone.
We are OPEN for casual swimming and lessons.
Casual swimming is available:
- Monday to Thursday 6.00am – 3.00pm; 7.00pm-8.00pm
- Friday 6.00am – 3.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 11.30am – 1.30pm
Please continue to observe the following Health and Safety requirements:
- Sanitise your hands at reception when entering/exiting the building
- Shower before entering the pools
We have spaces available in our swimming classes, so book and start with us today!!!
We have lessons 7 days per week for all levels of ability. Contact us today to book your place – we’d love to have you join us!
Sometimes we have school groups booked with us. At these times space is limited, or may be unavailable, in either pool.
We have school groups with us during August at the following days/times:
- Monday 3 August 1.15-2.15pm
- Wednesday 5 August 1.15-2.15pm
- Thursday 5 August 1.15-2.15pm
- Monday 10 through to Thursday 13 August 1.15-2.15pm
- Monday 17 through to Friday 21 August 10.45-2.15pm
- Monday 24 through to Friday Friday 28 August 10.45-2.15pm
- Monday 31 August 12.45-2.15pm
Practice your swimming for free!
All swimmers enrolled in our weekly programme are able to have a free practice whenever we have our practice lanes open – you can come as many times as you want. This is a great chance to brush up on skills learned during the week!
Free introductory lesson for under 3s
We offer a free introductory lesson if your child is under 3 years of age.
Quality Swim School – gold status
Canterbury Swim School has been recognised as a Gold Status Quality Swim School by Swimming New Zealand, the highest standard possible. A Quality Swim School is the industry benchmark for defined best practice standards in the swim teaching industry. The accreditation takes into account our swimming lessons, programme structure, tutor qualifications, and facility. Only those swim schools who comply can be awarded the Quality Swim School mark.