Canterbury Swim School
Canterbury Swim School is a leading provider of swim lessons for swimmers of all ages and abilities in Christchurch.
We’re located at the Waitaha Aquatic Centre, 25 Charente Way, just off Buchanans Rd, in the Hornby/Yaldhurst area.
With 2 pools – a 6 lane, 25 m lap pool heated to 27 degrees, and a 4 lane 10m teaching pool heated to 32 degrees – we cater for everyone.
We are OPEN for casual swimming and lessons.
Casual swimming is available:
- Monday to Thursday 6.00am – 3.00pm; 7.00pm-8.00pm
- Friday 6.00am – 3.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 11.30am – 1.30pm
Please continue to observe the following Health and Safety requirements:
- Sanitise your hands at reception when entering/exiting the building
- Shower before entering the pools
Alert Level 2
Mellow Mondays is postponed while we are at Alert Level 2.
All other programmes are operating.
We have spaces available in our swimming classes, so book and start with us today!!!
We have lessons 7 days per week for all levels of ability. Contact us today to book your place – we’d love to have you join us!
Sometimes we have school groups booked with us. At these times space is limited, or may be unavailable, in either pool.
We have school groups with us during September at the following days/times:
- Monday 14 September – Friday 18 September 9.15-12.30pm, then 1.00-2.30pm. NB: The small pool is fully booked at these times; one or two main pool lanes will be available 9.15-12.30pm, and five main pool lanes will be available 1.00-2.30pm.
- Monday 21 September – Friday 25 September 9.15-12.30pm, then 1.00-2.30pm. NB: The small pool is fully booked at these times; one or two main pool lanes will be available 9.15-12.30pm, and five main pool lanes will be available 1.00-2.30pm.
Practice your swimming for free!
All swimmers enrolled in our weekly programme are able to have a free practice whenever we have our practice lanes open – you can come as many times as you want. This is a great chance to brush up on skills learned during the week!
Free introductory lesson for under 3s
We offer a free introductory lesson if your child is under 3 years of age.
Quality Swim School – gold status
Canterbury Swim School has been recognised as a Gold Status Quality Swim School by Swimming New Zealand, the highest standard possible. A Quality Swim School is the industry benchmark for defined best practice standards in the swim teaching industry. The accreditation takes into account our swimming lessons, programme structure, tutor qualifications, and facility. Only those swim schools who comply can be awarded the Quality Swim School mark.